Do you know which Bollywood movies are tax free ?
New Delhi: Bollywood movies Akshay Kumar’s satirical comedy toilet: Ek Prem Katha, which opened to Rs13.10 crore final Friday, has been granted tax exemption by using the Uttar Pradesh government for now and looks to achieve the identical in other states, because of its social message. Right here’s a appear at 10 different recent movies that rode the tax exemption wave.
Here is ten movies which are tax free.
1. Hindi Medium (2017): Irrfan Khan’s comedy drama Bollywood movies was once declared tax-free for states like Delhi, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat. The Saket Chaudhary-directed film made Rs69.59 crore in lifetime field administrative center collections.
2. Sachin: one thousand million goals (2017): The docu-drama on legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar was once granted tax exemption in Maharashtra, Delhi, Kerala and Chhattisgarh. It earned Rs50.89 crore on the box place of job.
3. Sarbjit (2016): The Omung Kumar-directed biographical drama was once made tax-free in Uttar Pradesh. It managed Rs27.38 crore on the box office.
4. Dangal (2016): Aamir Khan’s blockbuster physical games drama used to be made tax-free in Delhi, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh. The Nitesh Tiwari-directed movie made Rs387.38 crore in box office collections.
5. Nil Battey Sannata (2016): The Swara Bhaskar-starrer used to be granted tax exemption by means of the Delhi and Uttar Pradesh governments. It earned Rs4.Eighty two crore on the box place of work.
6. Neerja (2016): Sonam Kapoor’s much-acclaimed biopic was made tax-free in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra. The Ram Madhvani-directed film made Rs75.Sixty one crore in box place of work collections.
7. Airlift (2016): Akshay Kumar’s ancient drama used to be exempted from tax in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. It made Rs128.1 crore in overall home collections.
8. Manjhi: The Mountain Man (2015): The biographical drama offering Nawazuddin Siddiqui was once granted tax exemption in Bihar and Uttarakhand. The movie gathered Rs12.Fifty three crore on the box place of business.
9. Bajirao Mastani (2015): The Uttar Pradesh govt had made Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s historical epic tax-free. The film, starring Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone, netted Rs184.2 crore on the field place of work.
10. Mary Kom (2014): The Priyanka Chopra-starrer was once made tax-free in states like Uttar Pradesh, Assam and Maharashtra. It made Rs56.5 crore at the field workplace.